Cyber Security Tips
The FBI published some very helpful tips to protect yourself online:
- Do not open e-mail or attachments from unknown individuals.
- Monitor your bank account statements regularly, as well and as your credit report at least once a year for any fraudulent activity.
- Do not communicate with the cyber criminals.
- Do not store sensitive or embarrassing photos of yourself online or on your mobile devices.
- Use strong passwords and do not use the same password for multiple websites.
- Never provide personal information of any sort via e-mail. Be aware, many e-mails requesting your personal information appear to be legitimate.
- Ensure security settings for social media accounts are turned on and set at the highest level of protection.
- When providing personally identifiable information, credit card information, or other sensitive information to a website, ensure the transmission is secure by verifying the URL prefix includes https, or the status bar displays a “lock” icon.